Blog Post #4: Antiwar voices

I don't really see a lot of AntiWar voices in the media. I have friends who are antiwar, but I never actually see headlines about it in the war. I did not even realize that there were websites dedicated to anti-war polices. The website antiwar.com is very outdated, the website layout is crowded and messy. This shows me that it probably isn't making a lot of money. This isn't surprising however, as the US has spent $6.4 trillion on wars in Middle east and Asia since 2001

    Why are the AntiWar voices so quiet? Why have I never seen them in mainstream media? I think its because of how much money the US spends. If the antiwar voices are shown in mainstream media, the people of the US would see how much money is being spent on war. These are their tax dollars. Even if someone isn't antiwar, they are probably anti spending 6.4 trillion dollars. When antiwar voices are in the news, the amount of money spent is never mentioned. I had no idea we spent so much money on war. I understand that war has to happen sometimes (i.e the world wars). But i also know when these things are unnecessary. I don't know much about the military or wars. But, i know enough about the economical damage and the moral implications to not be 100% on board with it.

    Whether or not someone agrees with antiwar voices, we can all agree that they are muted. The outdated and overcrowded website shows us this. The media promotes the most popular opinion, or the most beneficial opinion. Even if antiwar is the most popular opinion, it isn't the most beneficial to the US.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #3 : Black Lives Matter Protests and the Capitol Riot

My Relationship With Technology

Diffusion Theory